So, you found me! Perhaps on your own, but more likely after I subtly but not so subtly dropped this link on you! Doesn't matter, I'm happy you are here to share my adventures!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Beginning

I'm 28 years old, and I don't think I've seen enough of the world! That would be the "summarizing sentence" with what's been going on with me and my decisions.

I was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and lived there till I was 10. I moved to upstate New York and lived there for two years before moving to Ames, Iowa with my family. I went to the University of Iowa in Iowa City for my undergraduate in Industrial Engineering before taking a job with Caterpillar for 3.5 years. The job with Cat was a good one, and I met lots of great people. During the time, I had the opportunity to live in various cities including: Atlanta, GA; Aurora, IL; Peoria, IL; Raleigh, NC; and Chicago, IL. I also had the opportunity to visit the UK and Japan with my roles. However, I wanted to see and experience more!

I decided to quit my job with Caterpillar to travel and teach around the world. My first stop is on October 21, 2008 to Istanbul, Turkey for a few months. There I will take a certification course to teach English (called CELTA). After completion, I would like to head to Seoul, South Korea to actually teach, though that decision is still up for debate. Other locations in the running: Tokyo, Japan; Bangkok, Thailand; Singapore; Malaysia; and Indonesia.

Alas, the Journey Elsewhere begins . . .

1 comment:

Travel said...

Liar. First stop was Chicago, then Turkey.