So, you found me! Perhaps on your own, but more likely after I subtly but not so subtly dropped this link on you! Doesn't matter, I'm happy you are here to share my adventures!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sokcho, Seoraksan, and Stuff

I had seen a map sometime ago of Sokcho at Bebop Guesthouse, and for some reason, the nice bubbly cartoon looking map (published by the tourism board of Korea) inspired me to visit there. Lydia didn't really have a preference what she saw outside of Seoul, so we jumped on a bus and headed two or so hours east towards Sokcho. It's a coastal town that doesn't sit too far from the North Korean border. Overall it's a bit of a sleepy town, but it has it's "famous" sights.




We also had the opportunity to ride a ferry that runs via a cable under the water and has to be powered by it's passengers



An eerily quiet bridge



Sokcho beach



The lovely Seoraksan National Park where we ate mountain vegetables bibimbap and the lovely people that attempted to not get in the picture:



Climbing to the top



and striking the pose the mountain patrol guy suggested


We also had daily pilgrimages downtown looking for wi-fi, coffee, breakfast, and sometimes soju (but not for breakfast :). We were successful in every respect, though I'm not sure Lydia enjoyed the soju too much. I don't blame her it's an acquired taste, or for some . . . never!

No comments: