So, you found me! Perhaps on your own, but more likely after I subtly but not so subtly dropped this link on you! Doesn't matter, I'm happy you are here to share my adventures!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Friends, the Visitors, Part 2

A day after Desta leaves, Lydia comes to visit. Lydia was visiting from Konstanz, Germany, though I also met her in Istanbul as she was one of my friends and roommates. The days in Seoul again consisted of Korean BBQ, Gyeongbok Palace,

Cheonggyecheon Stream, though this time we saw a laser light show in the mist they spray



Bukchon Hanok village (traditional looking houses, though they were all newly maintained and renovated to look old)



But the new happenings included Changdeok Palace and its secret gardens, Yongsan Station's huge electronics stores, Myeongdong shopping district, Namdaemun and Dongdaemun night markets, eating gimbap almost daily (thank you GS25!)
the Han River boat tour (which, after living in Istanbul and going along the Bosphorus River everyday, turned out to be a wee bit disappointing)



going up North Seoul Tower



the men's bathroom of the N Seoul Tower reminded me of the women's restroom at the Signature Room at the 95th in Chicago's Hancock Building, minus the urinals  (I know this only because I've seen the window when the ladies' door swings open, honestly!)



I also met a few of Lydia's German friends that were visiting/working in Seoul. The power of Facebook and it's ability to notify anyone and everyone where they are in this world can actually be pretty neat.

No comments: